QLIK-142 — Multiple Milestones
You can now display Milestones on the Resource Gantt Chart, this provides you with an option to show multiple milestones with individual tooltips in one line.
QLIK-99 — Text Shadow
Most of the text elements got an option to tune the shadow of the text when configuring font settings. Shadow effect can help with text display on certain background colors or give your visualizations more wow-effect.
- QLIK-63 — Labels format improvements.
- QLIK-160 — Incorrect tooltip issue on Resource chart fixed.
- QLIK-164 — Embedding issue on Qlik Cloud Edition fixed.
- QLIK-85 — Chart conversion issues fixed.
- QLIK-156 — Export issues fixed.
A timeline chart is a visualization of events in chronological order. It displays both events occupying periods of time (ranges) and events with zero duration (moments). Events and dates are shown on a long horizontal bar (axis).
QLIK-62 — Coloring/Palettes support
Every element in Gantt, Resource and Timeline charts now has an option to be colored according to a predefined set of palettes (schemes). There are a lot of options, including coloring by the level of depth in hierarchy and more.
QLIK-122 — Start/End Markers
Now it is possible to add start and end markers of the elements to make tasks and periods easier to read on the timeline. Progress bars also have start and end markers, this makes this mechanism even more flexible and amazing.
QLIK-65 — Zoom on the mouse wheel
We have added an option to choose if you want to scroll or zoom when the mouse wheel is used on the chart. This is a part of extended Interactivity settings.
QLIK-102 — Rows height settings
It is now possible to set the height of rows in Gantt and Resource charts to make them either more compact when you have a lot of data or more readable if that's what you want to see on the chart.
QLIK-134 — Disabling table
Resource and Gantt charts now have an option to remove the table part and leave only elements along with the timeline to be displayed.
- QLIK-59 — Presets for background corners settings for easier background configuration.
- QLIK-64 — Toolbar icons and text size settings for extra tuning of how toolbar looks like.
- QLIK-101 — Print Paper Size settings added. You can now choose which formats appear in the print dropdown in the toolbar.
- QLIK-130 — Fiscal year settings improved.
- QLIK-54 — Label background settings issues fixed.
- QLIK-87 — Multipage printing issues fixed.
- QLIK-96 — Labels align/offsets issues fixed.
- QLIK-118 — Dimension bars baseline issues fixed.
QLIK-60 — Disabling Interactivity
Now it is possible to disable interactive features: tooltips, snapshots, and selection.
QLIK-57 — Disabling Dimension Bars / Progress
Now it is possible to disable dimension bars and progress bars attached to them.
QLIK-43 — Milestones Settings
Using images for milestones, as well as applying other settings, is now much easier.
- QLIK-50 — Added the alignment and offset settings of labels attached to dimension bars.
- QLIK-44 — Settings in the properties panel are now grouped to improve user experience.
- QLIK-42 — Improved the About tab in the properties panel.
- QLIK-36 — Added the ability to set the type of connectors.
- QLIK-67 — Fixed an issue with the font family in tooltips.
- QLIK-49 — Fixed a bug affecting the table font in measure columns.
- QLIK-48 — Fixed issues with fonts display.
- QLIK-47 — Fixed a zero-stroke issue.
- QLIK-46 — Fixed a hierarchy fill issue.
- QLIK-45 — Fixed issues with settings of dimension bars.
- QLIK-33 — Fixed an issue with disappearing milestones.
ENV-1410 — Performance improvement
Now you can decide if you want to load data in "Fully expand" mode or not. When the data is not expanded it loads much faster providing a better user experience.
ENV-1363 — Timeline Zoom Levels Configuration Interface
We've developed an amazing interface to configure the timeline zoom levels. Now you can choose which time units can be seen in your timeline and change it easily at any time.
- ENV-1454 — Tooltips can now be properly set in resource charts.
- QLIK-20 — Empty chart doesn't flicker when the initial display happens.
- ENV-1405 — Various chart repaint issues fixed making the display much more stable.
Cascade Coloring of Rows
In the 4.0 release, we've introduced two pre-built coloring patterns for rows. One of them is cascade, which implies that each next nesting level is colored lighter than the previous one while staying within the same hue. This is designed to streamline the visual perception of nesting.
Odd-Even Coloring of Rows
The other row coloring pattern delivered in version 4.0 of the AnyGantt extension can be applied to get odd and even rows colored differently. This style is expected to help data analysts better recognize which row one Gantt chart element or another belongs to.
Expanded/Collapsed by Default
We've further extended the default state settings. In particular, you can easily make a Gantt chart appear collapsed down to the top nesting level, facilitating the initial general overview of the project progress or resource allocation.
Now it is possible to show dependencies between tasks in a project by means of showing connectors that link one activity to another.
Export, NPrinting, and Snapshots
Meet the full-fledged support of exporting to PNG, PDF, and NPrinting as it is already added to our AnyGantt extension for Qlik Sense! Snapshots properly show the state of the Gantt chart: zoomed in/out, expanded/collapsed, etc.
You can now specify an expression in a text field to set a condition that needs to be fulfilled (true) for the object to be displayed. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. For example: count(distinct Team)<3. If the condition is not fulfilled, the message or expression entered in Displayed message is displayed.
A calculation condition is useful when a chart or table is very big and makes the visualization slow to respond. A calculation condition can then help so that for example an object does not show until the user has filtered the data to a more manageable level by applying selections.
Showing Measures as Columns in Resource Chart
In the new version, we've also provided Resource Charts with the capability to visualize measures as columns on the data grid - like in Project Charts. This allows additional information about the elements of a Resource Gantt Chart diagram to be neatly displayed.
Table Header Settings
Table headers can now be stylized to the full extent. In particular, it is possible to customize the background color, font, as well as the text.
Now you can apply a numbering scheme to the rows in your Gantt Chart. There are currently three options available out of the box:
- single-level, i.e. consecutive numbering - when all elements are numbered one by one in regular ascending order, e.g. 1, 2, 3, and so on;
- multi-level, i.e. hierarchical numbering - when top-level elements are numbered 1, 2, 3, and so on, second-level elements are numbered 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and so on, etc.;
- custom - to be determined using a function.
Label Position Settings
Last but not least, we've brought a set of UI controls to facilitate arranging a desired position for labels within or beyond task bars:
- inside a bar - alignment to the left, center, or right;
- outside - sticking to the bars' left or right sides.