About the app:
Explore all active dormitory construction, renovation, and repair projects in New York State where DASNY carries out some level of management oversight — by county, institution, project, architect, start year, or completion year. See how close to the conclusion each work is at a glance. Switch to sorting by budget to quickly identify the most expensive projects and find out their location, manager, etc.
This Qlik Sense demo application features two Project Gantt Charts built with the AnyGantt extension for Qlik Sense. The dataset is derived from a report on active construction projects managed by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), which is publicly available online.
Project Gantt Chart #1:
- Projects are sorted by dimensions: County and Institution.
- Budget, a custom column, displays an additional measure. The measure is set by an expression using HTML to color the numbers in the table. For each project, values are colored according to the size of the budget: blue for small, green for medium, orange for large, and red for very large.
- The same colors are used to shade the project bars by expression.
- The project tooltips display the project name, dates, institution, architect, construction manager, and budget.
- The tooltips of the dimension bars display the total budget and the number of projects. The dimension bars themselves are not shown.
- The tooltip text is formatted using HTML.
- A vertical reference line is used to show the current date (today).
- The timeline is one-level.
Project Gantt Chart #2:
- Projects are sorted by budget in descending order.
- No parent dimensions.
- The rest is the same.
- Native Qlik Sense filter panes.
- Filtering by all the dimensions, as well as by architect, start year, and completion year.